Monday, January 18, 2010

January: Pride and Prejudice and Zombies


Pride and Prejudice came across my path in high school and from the first time I read it I knew I had discovered a gem. Every year I re-read this classic and fall in love with Mr. Darcy all over agin. At first I was very skeptical on this new take on a classic, not just a classic but my favorite book. Ever. However, it was my turn to choose a book for book club and the meeting is occur right around Valentine's Day. For the romantics, some classic Mr. Darcy and for the haters, zombie attacks. I don't normally find sci-fi in my repertoire and I must say I loved this book. It is everything the classic is however there is a whole new element. Instead of being well trained in the arts or literature; the Bennet girls studied Kung Fu and were pros in lethal weapons; not a sewing needle. I would highly recommend this book to anyone looking for an enjoyable ready - you don't even have to have read the classic.

Happy REading!

No comments:

Post a Comment